Balbriggan Library Bell returned to the LibrarySeptember 12, 2017 ADMIN 0
Back on 2005 the bell in Balbriggan Library was removed when the library was undergoing extensive refurbishment. The old library bell dates back to 1906 when the library was built. The bell was rung at lunchtimes and again at the end of the days proceedings. When Balbriggan Library underwent extensive refurbishment back in 2005, the bell was removed for safekeeping. The bell is now back in the library to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the reopening of the new library in 2007 and the mechanism for ringing the bell is clearly visible underneath the bell.