01-Jul-16: Based on the large number of submissions from residents regarding the modular homes in Pinewood Balbriggan, Fingal County Council have reduced the number of proposed homes from 40 to 24 and to build a 72sqm community room.
The new plan is now on display until 11th August in the Council offices in Swords and Balbriggan and on the Fingal.ie website and you can view the site location map, site plan, plans and elevations and site notice below:
HAVE YOUR SAY: Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made ether through http://consult.fingal.ie/en/browse
Online submissions close in
Read previous articles relating to the modular homes further down on this page
29-Jan-16: From the public meeting on 28th January regarding the building of 40 modular homes in Pinewood, Balbriggan, the clear message was that Balbriggan does not agree with the proposed development of 40 modular homes.
Plans to build 500 units were announced by the Government in December 2015 with the first 150 set to be delivered by Dublin City Council. It is estimated that Fingal target would be between 80 and 100 units with 40 now being proposed for Pinewood in Balbriggan – 50% of the Fingal quota!. Fingal County Council had been identifying sites that would have reasonable access to transport, schools, amenities and the point of origin where the family originated from in the first place.
There has been a tremendous show of strength from Balbriggan people against this proposal. Arguably the highest ever number of submissions on a Part 8 proposal (66 online as well as almost 500 letters & a petition of 400 signatures handed in)
The next stage will be a report by the management team to the Councillors. the report will recommend approval / approval with modifications or rejection. The Councillors then have to vote on it, more than likely this will be at the April meeting.
Question to consider: Are modular homes the new standard for social housing? is this a pilot for rolling out social housing in the future?
You can follow the news about the proposed modular houses here including any related articles posted below. Additional articles will be added to this page as they become available so check back regularly for updates.
Please share this page with your neighbours and friends to ensure the entire community are aware of what is happening with regards to these houses.
- Seventy-one new Social Housing homes delivered in Balbriggan and Clonsilla August 13, 2018
- Modular/rapid build homes in Balbriggan still under construction! May 8, 2018
- Modular homes update Balbriggan November 21, 2017
- €4,500,000 approved for 25 New Homes in Balbriggan – welcomed by Cllr Tom OLeary December 14, 2016
- Councillors vote in favour of Modular homes at Pinewood, Balbriggan September 13, 2016
- Pinewood Residents Committee deliver 743 submissions to Fingal County Council offices August 26, 2016
- Balbriggan Modular Homes Phase 2 – Have your say! July 6, 2016
- Real Deal: Modular housing shows the cost of construction April 24, 2016
- Fingal County Councillors Vote on First Round of Modular Homes April 11, 2016
- Over 300 Letters Hand Delivered Opposing Planned 40 Modular House February 20, 2016
- Help To Take Back Our Town February 16, 2016
- Clear message from Public Meeting on Modular Homes – Balbriggan says ‘NO’ January 29, 2016
- ‘Homeless deserve better’ – O’Brien on modular plan for Pinewood January 28, 2016
- Residents meet to discuss plans for 40 modular homes in Balbriggan January 12, 2016
- Proposed construction of 40 Modular Houses in Balbriggan now open for submissions January 6, 2016
- Murphy says Enough is Enough December 12, 2015
- 40 Modular Homes Planned for Balbriggan December 10, 2015
For a list of Fingal County Councillors for the Balbriggan ward click here