Balbriggan Town Awards 2014December 10, 2014 ADMIN 0
The newly formed Balbriggan Community Liaison Committee hosted the Balbriggan Town Awards on Wednesday 10th December in the Bracken Court Hotel. The Town Awards which were traditionally hosted by Balbriggan Town Council have been a great success over the years and have had the support of the wider community.
The Balbriggan Community Liaison Committee comprises local community and business representative groups working together with elected members of the Balbriggan area supported by Fingal County Council to provide a forum where local issues are regularly raised and reviewed.
The Balbriggan Town Awards provide an ideal opportunity for the community in Balbriggan to nominate people who deserve recognition of their achievements in the areas of Community, Business, Sport, Art and Culture.
The Awards are aimed at recognising people who have represented the community on a local, national or international scale, people who provide support to others on a voluntary basis, charitable works, artistic or sporting achievement or business success.
- Best Presented Premises: Progressive Credit Union, Balbriggan Office
- Business of the Year 2014: Liberos Restaurant
- Art Achievement Award: Ben Marry
- Culture Achievement Award: Balbriggan Community College Comenius Group
- Sport Achievement Award: Stuart Marry
- Sports Person of the Year: Matthew Leonard
- Junior Sports Person of the Year: Niamh Fay
- Franny Hogan Memorial Award: Ross Staunton
- Best Presented Hanging Baskets: Mary Heffernan
- Runner up: Fidelma Caffrey
- Best Presented Window Boxes: Mary Heffernan
- Runner up: Michael Blount
- Best Presented First time Entry Garden: Violeta Savickiene
- Best Presented Garden: John & Patricia Fitzpatrick
- Community Achievement Award: Balbriggan Community Formula 1 Team
- Community Group of the Year: Remember Us Group
- Community Person of the Year Stephen Scarff Award: Betsy Abu