Christmas Card Competition To Raise Awareness for Mental Health in Local CommunitiesSeptember 18, 2013 ADMIN 0
Aaron Creighton is currently on an internship with Jigsaw North Fingal. Jigsaw North Fingal is a new service located in Balbriggan that gives young people a voice to talk about their concerns and provide solutions to better support young people’s mental health and well being. For more information on Jigsaw projects around the country please see www.jigsaw.ie
Each year O2 & Headstrong, The National Centre for Youth Mental Health, fund a number of project around the country under the heading of “O2 Think Big”. The purpose of the O2 Think Big is to raise awareness of Youth mental health in local communities to help combat the stigma we face in Ireland every day.
This year Aaron’s project was successful in receiving the funding and backing of the Think Big programme. The project is titled “ A Very merry Christmas Card Competition”. The aim of the project is to raise the awareness of mental health around Christmas time when many people can feel alone or down due to a huge number of factors. Aaron’s project is also going to help raise awareness of the new Jigsaw North Fingal Hub which he feels is vital in the North Fingal area at this time when young people are not being heard or listened to.
So here’s how it works:
- The competition is to design a Christmas card on an A5 piece of paper.
- The card design must incorporate positive mental health at Christmas time.
- The competition is open to young people between the ages of 12 – 25 years old residing in the North Fingal area. (12 – 18 years category & 19 – 25 years category)
- For full information have a parent or guardian contact ChristmasCardCompetition@gmail.com
- The top four designs will then be printed as actual Christmas Cards & sold to raise vital funds for the new Jigsaw North Fingal Hub.
- There will also be prizes for the top four designs at the minute we have been very lucky to have received some amazing prizes
- The competition will run from 17th September 2013 until 31st October 2013.
All entries are to be posted to:
Christmas Card Competition,
Jigsaw North Fingal,
25 Dublin Street,
As the office is not yet open to the public entries can only be received by post or by scanning your entry and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org