Community Monuments Fund 2021 open for applicationsMarch 13, 2021 ADMIN 0
Fingal County Council has announced that the Community Monuments Fund for 2021 is now open for applications. Building on the inaugural 2020 fund, the 2021 fund will help the owners and the guardians of archaeological monuments to safeguard them in to the future for the benefit of communities and the public.
The Community Monuments Fund was first established in 2020 to provide investment in Ireland’s archaeological heritage. Part of this funding is prioritised for local authorities, private owners and custodians and community groups for the care, conservation, maintenance, protection and promotion of archaeological monuments.
The core aims of this Fund are the conservation, maintenance, protection and presentation of archaeological monuments. It will:
- enable conservation works to be carried out on monuments which are deemed to be significant and in need of urgent support;
- encourage access to monuments and improve their presentation;
- build resilience in our monuments to enable them to withstand the effects of climate change.
The Department encourages project promoters to incorporate a traditional skills training element in projects.
The Community Monuments Fund has 3 Streams:
- Stream 1 will offer grants up to €85,000 aimed at essential repairs and capital works for the conservation and repair of archaeological monuments
- Stream 2 will offer grants of up to €30,000 for development of Conservation Management Plans/Reports that are aimed at identifying measures for conservation of archaeological monuments and improving public access.
- Stream 3 will offer grants of up to €30,000 for enhancement of access infrastructure and interpretation (including virtual/online) at archaeological monuments (including COVID 19 public health measures)
Private applicants or community groups who are the owners or custodians of monuments should:
- complete Form CMF-A below (relevant sections only)
- attach a comprehensive Method Statement
- submit to Fingal County Council before the 12th April 2021
Please note: parts of Form A must be completed by the Local Authority before submission to the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage. Community groups or private owners should complete only the relevant sections and submit them to Christine.Baker@fingal.ie 12th April 2021.
Please contact the Heritage Officer with any queries, email Christine.Baker@fingal.ie