€30M Grants Scheme for Improved Sports Facilities and EquipmentDecember 21, 2016 ADMIN 0
I would like to advise all clubs in the Fingal area to take the opportunity to share in the new €30m grant fund made available from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. The details for applicants are set out in the text below. If there are any queries or support needed please don’t hesitate to contact me on 086 2772030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Tony Murpy
Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shane Ross T.D. and the Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Patrick O’ Donovan T.D., announced today that €30m is being made available under the Sports Capital Programme to develop sports infrastructure around the country. The Sports Capital Programme is the Government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
The programme funds:
- Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- Hurling walls / handball alleys
- Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- Non-personal equipment including lawn mowers and defibrillators. Anything set in the ground (such as goal posts) is not considered equipment.
- Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance In this regard.
Clubs not previously registered on the Department’s online application system need to do so in advance of this date and the Ministers encouraged clubs to register now. The guide to making an application was also published on the Department’s Sports Capital Programme website today ( www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie ). Online applications will be accepted from the 23rd January to the 24th February, 2017.
Minister Ross stated “I am delighted that this funding is being made available. The Sports Capital Programme aims to foster an integrated and planned approach to developing sport and recreation facilities and it has transformed the sporting landscape of Ireland with improvements in the quality and quantity of sporting facilities in virtually every village, town and city in the country. The new €30 million programme provides an opportunity for further improvements and I would urge all organisations with a suitable project to consider making an application”.
The Minister of State, Patrick O’Donovan highlighted some of the changes to the terms of the new programme. “The Programme for Government contains the aim of allocating sports capital grants on an annual basis and since being given responsibility for sport, I have been struck by the huge level of interest in the Sports Capital Programme across so many different sporting disciplines. I was determined to make the application process as simple as possible and in this regard we have significantly shortened the application form, issued new guides for completing the form and my Department is also arranging a series of regional workshops in the new year to assist applicants. The upcoming holiday period provides a good opportunity for clubs to get registered on www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie, familiarise themselves with the guide and undertake any other preparatory work in advance of formally submitting their application”.
Clubs who wish to register on the Department’s online system can do so now at www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie. Once registered, all applications must be made on the same website. The system will be open for applications from 23rd January 2017 to 24 February 2017.
A guide to making an application and a link to YouTube video instructions is also available on the website as follows:
- YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq1kBv-FA7QcFmu8cdrIsTg
- Where to apply: www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie
- Who to phone for help, sample application form and written guide to applying: http://www.dttas.ie/sport/english/sports-capital-programme
The deadline for registration of new clubs is 5pm on Friday 10th February 2017.
If your organisation is not registered on OSCAR by 5pm on the 10 February 2017, you will not be able to make an application.
If our organisation has already registered, you do not need to register again.
The Closing date for receipt of completed applications is no later than 5pm on the 24th February 2017.
Some Useful Links
- Guide to Filling out the Application Form
- YouTube Guide to making an application
- YouTube Guide to Registration
- Sample Application Form
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information.