The Adult Education Service in Swords and Balbriggan has a range of full and part time training options available to anyone who is interested in returning to education. If you want to improve your reading & writing, learn a new skill, or get a qualification to get you back to the workplace, there is something available for you. Learning takes place in a supportive, friendly environment to help you develop confidence and new skills. Many of our students who started in our basic adult education classes, have progressed with us right up to level 5 or 6 courses.
Places are available across all our programmes including: Healthcare; Childcare; IT; Everyday Technology; Office Skills, Beauty; Floristry and more.
For a full list of courses check out our website: https://adulteducationnorthcountydublin.ie/courses/
Adult Education Guidance and Information Service
If you are unsure what your next step should be, and you would like some support and advice in exploring your options, our Adult Education Guidance Service is here to help you. The Guidance Service is free, impartial, and confidential and we offer the following:
- One to one guidance to help you make informed choices about your education and working life
- Help in identifying your skills, strengths, values and interests and support in making a plan that is right for you
- Exploring your education and training options
- Information on local and national courses and training programmes
- Advice on application processes, grants & financial supports for returning to education
- Support in developing your job search strategy, CV and interview skills
If you are attending a course in our Adult Education service, career guidance is an integrated part of all programmes; we will provide ongoing support to ensure you make the most of your time in education and make a plan for your next step.
The Adult Education Guidance and Information Service is open to all adults living in the area, with priority given to those who are unemployed.
Contact: 01 8417763 to make an appointment or email:
Information Officer: Kevin McCabe
Adult Guidance Counsellor, Balbriggan: Orla Hicks
Fingal Adult Education Service