Eircode Has ArrivedJuly 23, 2015 ADMIN 0
An Eircode is a smart location code for all Irish addresses. Unlike other countries, where postcodes define clusters or groups of addresses, an Eircode will identify an individual address – rural or urban – and help show exactly where it is located. This means every residential address and business will receive a unique Eircode.
There are numerous benefits of introducing Eircode. Not only will it make the delivery of services and goods to households easier, but in the case of a medical emergency, being able to accurately and quickly identify an address can save valuable minutes.
In July, all residents and businesses in Balbriggan will receive a letter notifying them of the Eircode for their address. Addresses will not be changing; an Eircode will simply be added to current addresses.
- For lost of information and to view a very handy new online tool called ‘Eircode Finder’ to look up the code for any address, see http://www.eircode.ie
- There is a helpline for people who are unable to access the website, or having other difficulties, at 0818 300 005.
You can also watch a short video explaining the notification letter:
- In English at: http://www.eircode.ie/getting-an-eircode.
- As Gaeilge ag: http://www.eircode.ie/gaeilge/conas-eircode-a-fháil
- Using Irish Sign Language at: https://vimeo.com/132412840