Exciting times for Remember Us Special Needs GroupJanuary 17, 2018 ADMIN 0
Not only does 2018 see us celebrate our 20th Anniversary, but getting into our new base later in year. The FIT OUT of our new base has commenced. There was great excitement when the keys were handed over to the contractor Dartmouth and the first piece of machinery arrived.
Our plans for the property include extending the existing mezzanine which will see the building increase from its current 7,400sq. ft. to 10,000sq ft. When completed, the building will include the following:-
- An Office – to accommodate 3-4 people.
- A Sports Hall -which will be used for our club sports activities, parties etc.
- A Kitchen– Our kitchen will be for when have cookery session, events etc
- A Recreation/Games room – this will be a permanent fixture with pool table/air hockey/football table, laptops, T.V. Games etc to be used by our teen/adult members as a meeting point to socialise with their friends.
- A Junior Recreational room – this will have a dress up corner, lego corner, arts n crafts corner, book corner and more.
- 2 Large Activity rooms – For our activities like drama, music, arts n crafts etc.
- A Sensory Room – this will be a quiet space fitted with soft furnishings and special sensory equipment. A vital vital space for young people with autism/Challenging behaviour, therapies etc.
- A Meeting room
- A Family room– where our parents can arrange to meet other parents for a tea and chat, share information or just relax while and their child is participating in their club.
- Storage space.
- Toilets including a wheelchair accessible toilet with hoist, changing table and shower
- A second staircase and a lift
Our new base will make such a difference to our members and their families. We anticipate moving in over the summer. We will be able to enhance and develop our services.
- The sensory room will be a great asset to the base. It will provide a calm tactile space for our members with autism and challenging behaviours and can be used for therapy sessions.
- The recreational room will allow us to open earlier for our teen/adult members where they can come and meet their friends, play a game of pool/game etc or just sit and chat.
- The sports hall will give our members more opportunities to keep fit by playing various sports/games.
- The junior recreational room will be a great benefit to our younger members as we will have a dress up corner, arts n crafts corner, book corner, lego corner and more.
- Our parents room will allow parents to meet up for a cuppa and chat, gain and share information.
- Our activity rooms will allow us to provide more activities
- We will also be able to run information evenings, fundraising event and so much more
All this has been made possible by the very generous support of our patrons, fundraising partners, friends of remember us, Rural Dublin Leader for their grant, local companies, business, sponsors/donors, everyone who supported our fundraising events. Words cannot express how grateful we are to everyone who supported us to date.
YOU HAVE MADE OUR MEMBERS DREAM A REALITY. FOR THIS WE ARE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL
We continue to fund raise for our day to day activities and for furnishings for our new base.