Fingal Community Action Fund – Response to Covid-19March 28, 2020 ADMIN 0
The Fingal Community Response to COVID-19 Funding scheme is administered by the Fingal County Council Community Culture and Sports Division. The key objective of the scheme is to provide support to voluntary and community groups mobilising a local community response to COVID-19 in Fingal. Priority will be given to initiatives that strive to contain and limit the reach of the virus, safeguard volunteers and support vulnerable members in your community.
Groups will be funded under 2 categories
- Community Response Team Initial Set Contribution: (up to a max €200). A once-off award of €200 to cover initial costs incurred by establishing a local community response team
- COVID-19 Community Action Fund: (up to a max of €1000) a grant for local groups that demonstrates a strong partnership/ collaboration of local community groups and key services to safely respond to COVID-19 under the following themes of
- Supporting Community Safety initiatives
- Community wellbeing programme
- Virtual Community Gatherings
- Support target for older and vulnerable people
The fund is limited specifically to community and voluntary groups that have mobilised a local community response to COVID-19. Applicants will be evaluated according to:
- Service is appropriately and safely responding to Covid-19 (contain and limit the reach of the virus, safeguard volunteers and support vulnerable members in the community)
- Demonstrates partnership/ collaboration of local community groups and key services
- Has an assigned lead community groups that is registered on the Fingal Community County Register (FCCR)/ PPN
- Be accessible to all members of the community and take place in Fingal
- Be able to start immediately
- Keeps in line with recent national mass gathering guidelines.
- Community Response Team agrees to their service being shared on a Fingal Community Response to COVID-19 platform
Eligible costs include leaflets/ flyers, social media, mobile phone (purchase), personal protection equipment (i.e. gloves, masks, sanitizers), insurance, virtual event costs, trainer/ tutor/ instructor fees, design/ print of leaflets, programme material, publicity etc… (this list is not exhaustive)
Items and expenses excluded from the fund are any expenditures on items incurred before approval of the grant. Spend on alcoholic beverages, fines, penalty payments, legal cost or general overheads such as wages are also excluded.
For further details on how to apply for this funding click here