Fingal County Council and Graphic Studio Dublin launch the Fine Art Print Residency Award 2020March 2, 2020 ADMIN 0
Fingal County Council Arts Office in partnership with Graphic Studio Dublin is offering a fine art print residency to a professional artist at any stage of their career, working in any discipline, who is interested in exploring print processes. The two-week residency will provide an ideal environment for the development of a creative project in printmaking and an opportunity to network with other artists. The residency will take place in 2020 at a date to be agreed with the successful candidate.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area. No printmaking experience is necessary. For further information and an application form please contact Graphic Studio Dublin. Tel: 01 817 0938 or email email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 30th April at 4.00pm
The residency will include:
- A short induction/training course in the use of equipment and models of good practice in a collective fine art print studio.
- The assistance and guidance of an experienced printmaker in making a multicolour print using a pre-prepared drawing/painting as a starting point.
- The Studio Director will advise on print methodologies and assist the artist in all possible ways to professionally fulfil their objectives during the residency.
- Professional studio support with technical processes and artistic development.
- Assistance in printing a small edition of the finished work.
- The residency will be documented for the artist, Fingal County Council and Graphic Studio Dublin. The finished work will be exhibited in Graphic Studio Gallery.