Calling all artists: Fingal County Council & The RHA School Studio Award 2021June 21, 2021 ADMIN 0
Fingal County Council Arts Office in partnership with the Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA) School, are offering an opportunity of a funded studio space for a professional artist for the period of one year; the residency will commence at the end of September 2021. The award offers an artist the opportunity to develop their practice within the institutional framework of the RHA and covers the cost of studio rental and administration.
Basam Al-Sabah, an artist from Balbriggan, was the recipient of the 2019 award. He works across digital animation, painting, sculpture and textiles to convey intricate visions of war, resistance and perseverance. Various themes are explored such as displacement, nostalgia and personal mythology. Selected exhibitions include Dissolving Beyond the Worm Moon, Solstice Arts Centre, Navan, 2019; A Fiction Close To Reality, IMMA, Dublin, 2019; Futures, Series 3, Episode 2, RHA Gallery, Dublin, 2018; Syntonic State, Tulca 18, Galway, 2018; Illusions of Love Dyed by Sunset, The LAB, Dublin, 2018.
The award is open to practising artists at all stages in their professional careers working in visual art. To be eligible to apply, applicants must: have been born, have studied, or currently reside in the Fingal administrative area.
Artists wishing to be considered should apply by completing the application form on the RHA’s website (www.rhagallery.ie) including:
- A current CV. PDF document only. Maximum file size 500k.
- A brief description of your art practice. Max. 300 words. PDF document only.
- A covering letter detailing your intentions for the allocated period at the Fingal County Council Studio Award, including an artist statement and work plan, giving details of what materials and processes you use and any other requirements you have.
- Up to six images of your work, no larger than 1mb each in size. JPG files only.
- A list of images submitted clearly marked with the title of the piece, the medium and the dimensions. For video artists, please include on this list the web addresses (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) to access your work.
The deadline for applications is 25th July 2021. Any questions or requests for further information can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.