Listed in Politicians
- Address: email@example.com
- Telephone Number: 0879608540
As a progressive voice and experienced campaigner and advocate on social and environmental issues I need your number 1 vote on May 24th to help bring Balbriggan to the next level.
These are my priorities for Balbriggan
Balbriggan deserves the best. I will work to ensure the promises under the Our Balbriggan strategy are implemented but also built upon and further investment is secured for the town. We have had enough promises, we need action on the ground.
With our huge assets of Bremore Castle, rail connection, hotel, a redeveloped harbour, beach, Ardgillan, a rich historical and multicultural heritage, and a potential cycleway, I will work to make Balbriggan a regional and national tourism hub.
There is strength in diversity. Balbriggan is one of the most diverse towns in Ireland. I will bring my experience of working with Local Authorities and community groups nationally to help build stronger, more interconnected communities in Balbriggan.
- Karen Power Co-Opted to Green Seat in Fingal following Joe O’Brien’s historic by-election win January 13, 2020 The first Fingal County Council meeting of the new year began with the co-option of Karen Power to the Green party seat for the Balbriggan LEA. Karen secured a win at the local green party selection meeting in early January and officially has begun her work as a Councillor for Balbriggan, Balrothery, Loughshinny and Skerries. ...
- Green Party Councillor Joe O’Brien elected to Dáil Éireann November 30, 2019 Green Party Councillor Joe O’Brien has been elected to Dáil Éireann after winning the Dublin Fingal by election. Councillor O’Brien was first elected to Fingal County Council in last May’s Local Elections as a Councillor for the Balbriggan Electoral Area and will now take up the role of TD. The Green Party candidate Joe O’Brien ...
- Castlelands Plan needs to be pulled into Our Balbriggan strategy October 25, 2019 Following a meeting between Council officials and local Councillors yesterday on the draft Castlelands Masterplan, Green Party Councillor Joe O’Brien issued the following statement. “Its is clear following the huge response from the community regarding the draft Castlelands Masterplan that the Council have taken on board some of what the community is saying. The maximum ...
- Fingal to agree to new Tree Policy July 9, 2019 Green Party Councillor for Balbriggan Joe O’Brien was successful in getting a motion passed at Fingal County Council this week which commits the Council to starting a review of the county’s current tree strategy before the end of the year. Speaking after the motion was passed Cllr. O’Brien stated that: I’m very glad to say that ...
- Climate Action Plan a lost opportunity for Fingal commuters – Green Party June 20, 2019 Green Party representative for Dublin Fingal Cllr. Joe O’Brien criticised the government’s new Climate Action Plan claiming that there was little in it to convince him that government understood the scale of the challenge and opportunity facing the country. As Green Party representative for Dublin Fingal I felt there was a lot missing from the ...