A look inside Balbriggan Lighthouse on County Dublin’s northeast coastApril 9, 2021 ADMIN 0
In case you missed it: Last month we brought you the fantastic video from Fingal County Council showing the inside of Balbriggan Lighthouse. As Ireland’s second-oldest active lighthouse it is great to get a chance to see the workings from the inside of the lighthouse. If you missed it or would like to see the video again check it out below
23-Mar-21: Balbriggan is Ireland’s second-oldest active lighthouse, built in 1769. In 2017 the missing dome was replaced, which can be seen today fully restored. The original dome was removed due to corrosion in the 1960’s but today the lighthouse stands proud at the entrance to the harbour. Check out the video below where you can see the inside of the lighthouse
- 21-Sep-18: Balbriggan Lighthouse dome at night
- 18-Sep-18: Replacement Lighthouse Dome arrives in Balbriggan
- 20-Nov-17: Balbriggan Lighthouse Update!
- 07-Nov-17: Replacement dome for Balbriggan Lighthouse under construction
- 26-May-15: Funding Secured for Balbriggan Lighthouse Dome