Murphy says Enough is EnoughDecember 12, 2015 ADMIN 0
In a statement issued in response to Fingal County Council’s proposal to place 40 modular housing units in Balbriggan to relieve the housing crisis General Election Candidate Cllr. Tony Murphy said that this proposal is so wrong on so many levels that it is unbelievable that the Council would even contemplate it.
“The area of the town identified by Fingal County Council has already its fair share of social housing and community issues. It is grossly unjust to consider increasing the amount of social housing in the area” said Councillor Murphy.
“The people of Balbriggan need to have their voices heard on this issue and I am calling on everybody to express their views in a way that will be clear to Fingal County Council that this is not acceptable. We need to stop this proposal as it is unjust, immoral and inappropriate for the area” he said.
“I intend to fight this plan in the Council Chamber because it is wrong. The proposed introduction of modular housing into Balbriggan is a reflection on the attitude of Fingal County Council towards the people of this area. Balbriggan has over many years been on the receiving end of an unfair proportion of Fingal’s social housing allocation. This was done, in part, to accommodate the construction of higher value houses in the Malahide’s area. This treatment of Balbriggan and its people must stop” said Councillor Murphy.
- Seventy-one new Social Housing homes delivered in Balbriggan and Clonsilla August 13, 2018
- Modular/rapid build homes in Balbriggan still under construction! May 8, 2018
- Modular homes update Balbriggan November 21, 2017
- €4,500,000 approved for 25 New Homes in Balbriggan – welcomed by Cllr Tom OLeary December 14, 2016
- Councillors vote in favour of Modular homes at Pinewood, Balbriggan September 13, 2016
- Pinewood Residents Committee deliver 743 submissions to Fingal County Council offices August 26, 2016
- Balbriggan Modular Homes Phase 2 – Have your say! July 6, 2016
- Real Deal: Modular housing shows the cost of construction April 24, 2016
- Fingal County Councillors Vote on First Round of Modular Homes April 11, 2016
- Over 300 Letters Hand Delivered Opposing Planned 40 Modular House February 20, 2016
- Help To Take Back Our Town February 16, 2016
- Clear message from Public Meeting on Modular Homes – Balbriggan says ‘NO’ January 29, 2016
- ‘Homeless deserve better’ – O’Brien on modular plan for Pinewood January 28, 2016
- Residents meet to discuss plans for 40 modular homes in Balbriggan January 12, 2016
- Proposed construction of 40 Modular Houses in Balbriggan now open for submissions January 6, 2016
- Murphy says Enough is Enough December 12, 2015
- 40 Modular Homes Planned for Balbriggan December 10, 2015