Remember Us UpdateApril 21, 2015 ADMIN 0
Remember us ran a very successful Easter camp with 100 members and their families participating in it. The weather was fantastic. We had a day out in Dublin Zoo, Newbridge House and farm where members went on an Easter egg hunt, played games and saw the many animals on display. We also went to Tayto Park and the members had a brilliant day out and came home wrecked !! but happy
Our Cool rocker members and their families went on a family respite break to the Connacht hotel in Galway. The trip saw the members go shopping, bowling and sight seeing. There was music in the bar each night and the dance floor was full Parents got a chance to relax and share information.
Activities for the coming weeks include, dance, snag golf, table cricket, Kids Bricks, stretch n grow, yoga, arts n crafts Bokwa dance exercise, tag rugby, media lab, visit to scouts, gymnastics, Disco, Music session, a trip to Funtasia Bettystown for bowling, play and rides, a trip to Weston Airport for a party and more. What a social life !!!!!!!!!!!! A big thank you to all our amazing volunteers for giving up their time and supporting our members in their various activities/outings. Thanks to all the tutors and venues for their support.
Our fundraising efforts to buy a permanent home for our group have reached €290 k We are nearly half way there. Thank you to everyone who has supported us to date. We look forward to the continued support from the people of North Fingal and surrounding areas to help us to achieve our goal.
Up -coming fundraising events.
- PA hair in Balbriggan are organising a coffee morning in their salon in aid of our group. A big thanks goes to Sharon for all her support.
- Thank you to the Millbank Theatre for supporting us by giving the proceeds of their first night play “Stolen Child” on 29th April to our group. Sold Out
- Bag pack in Dunne stores Pavillions on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th May
- Malahide lions club are organising an evening with the Garda band in Malahide Rubgy club on Thursday 14th May at tickets cost €15 each or €30 for a family. Tickets can be purchased from Nora or Anne on 0860457003 We look forward to your support
- We have our annual leisure cycle coming up on Saturday 23rd May. Keep an eye on our website and facebook page for more information www.rememberus.ie
- A massive thank you to our patrons Progressive Credit union, Andrews spar, Cllr Tony Murphy, Colin Hughes Lec ltd, Country Crest and to all Friends of Remember us
- A big thank you goes to Supervalu Lusk for allowing us to bag pack recently. Money raised going towards week long family respite break in June to Youghal, Co Cork
- also to Gerry and Supervalu Balbriggan for their continued support to our group
- Thank you to all 22 participants who completed the Skerries Weight Loss Challenge on behalf of Remember Us and Skerries Rugby Club. It is appreciated by all.
- A very big thank you to THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY who sponsored a special showing of Frozen last Saturday 28th March and to IMC CINEMAS who hosted this fundraising event on our behalf. We would particularly like to thank Mo Ryan, Publicity and PR Manager, Martin O’Grady, Sales Manager, and Sinead Byrne all from the Walt Disney Company as well as Sandra Rowe. IMC Cinemas and John Connolly Manager, IMC Cinema, Santry. The event raised a total of €1,610 which will go towards the purchase of a new home for our Club and a group of very special people. Thank you all again for your support which is appreciated by everyone here at Remember Us.
- Remember Us would like to thank Fingal Dublin Chamber of Commerce for their recent donation of €2500. We would particularly like to thank CEO Tony Lambert and President Siobhan Kinsella and of course all those who contributed to this donation. Your ongoing support is appreciated by everyone here at Remember Us