Residents meet to discuss plans for 40 modular homes in BalbrigganJanuary 12, 2016 ADMIN 0
Under Government plans to build 500 modular units for temporary accommodation across Dublin, Fingal County Council are required to build up to 100 of the temporary structures. At a public meeting last night in the Order of Malta Hall on Hampton street residents said that Balbriggan should not have to take almost half of that allocation of the entire Fingal region.
The meeting was chaired by Chairman of Pinewood Residents association Joe McArdle, Alice Davis Balbriggan Community Council and Deirdre Hand Secretary of Pinewood Green Residents Association.
Locals are concerned about access to the site and the impact of construction traffic during the build. Services, such as schools and doctors are already at breaking point the residents are concerned at the impact additional housing in this particular area would have when children who already live in the area can’t attend schools on their doorsteps.
At the meeting it was agreed that a public rally to gather support would be planned and residents were encouraged to submit an objection either online or in writing – details on where to submit your objection are available on this page
Alice Davis chair of the Balbriggan Community Council said that the residents are not opposed to housing homeless families in the area. “We’ve made it quite clear that we’re not objecting to anybody getting a home. We want them to have a proper home but also that if they have a home in Balbriggan that they have the services and the space they
- Seventy-one new Social Housing homes delivered in Balbriggan and Clonsilla August 13, 2018
- Modular/rapid build homes in Balbriggan still under construction! May 8, 2018
- Modular homes update Balbriggan November 21, 2017
- €4,500,000 approved for 25 New Homes in Balbriggan – welcomed by Cllr Tom OLeary December 14, 2016
- Councillors vote in favour of Modular homes at Pinewood, Balbriggan September 13, 2016
- Pinewood Residents Committee deliver 743 submissions to Fingal County Council offices August 26, 2016
- Balbriggan Modular Homes Phase 2 – Have your say! July 6, 2016
- Real Deal: Modular housing shows the cost of construction April 24, 2016
- Fingal County Councillors Vote on First Round of Modular Homes April 11, 2016
- Over 300 Letters Hand Delivered Opposing Planned 40 Modular House February 20, 2016
- Help To Take Back Our Town February 16, 2016
- Clear message from Public Meeting on Modular Homes – Balbriggan says ‘NO’ January 29, 2016
- ‘Homeless deserve better’ – O’Brien on modular plan for Pinewood January 28, 2016
- Residents meet to discuss plans for 40 modular homes in Balbriggan January 12, 2016
- Proposed construction of 40 Modular Houses in Balbriggan now open for submissions January 6, 2016
- Murphy says Enough is Enough December 12, 2015
- 40 Modular Homes Planned for Balbriggan December 10, 2015