Have your say on the Fingal Digital StrategyJune 7, 2019 ADMIN 0
Fingal County Council is preparing a Digital Strategy for Fingal, which will describe how technology can help improve the way we live, work and do business in Fingal. The Council is asking members of the public to say what they would like to see in the Strategy. The Digital Strategy will focus on six main themes:
- Digital Economy – Making Fingal the best place to start and grow your business
- Digital Skills – Promoting digital skills services across the County
- Digital Services – Building better public services for all
- Community & Culture – “Community-first” approach to digital
- Infrastructure & Data – Building world-class digital infrastructure for Fingal
- Transition to Digital – Planning for the future
Over the last year Fingal County Council has carried out a number of innovative digital projects including electric car charging points, free town centre public Wi-Fi in Balbriggan and car and bike sharing schemes across Fingal. Projects planned for 2019-2020 include free public Wi-Fi access points in towns across Fingal, solar-powered compacter waste bins and smart benches which include Wi-Fi, digital signage and phone charging facilities.
Speaking about the Digital Strategy, AnnMarie Farrelly, Interim Chief Executive, said: “The Fingal Digital Strategy will describe how digital technology can improve the way we live, work and do business in Fingal. Climate change, health & well-being, transport, tourism and public services, are some examples of areas that will be considered. Digital Skills, broadband, public Wi-Fi and access to public services for those who struggle with technology are also important – we want to ensure that everyone is included. We are asking the public to have their say and help us prepare the Fingal Digital Strategy.”
Aishling Hyland, Digital Strategy Manager at Fingal County Council, said: “The purpose of this consultation is to gather as much feedback as we can from members of the public on what digital projects and what smart sustainable initiatives they would like to see in their communities. The Strategy looks at a wide range of areas from digital economy and digital skills to infrastructure and data driven services.”
Members of the public can make submissions in one of the following ways:
- online at fingal.ie
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Digital Strategy Manager, Information Technology Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Co Dublin. K67 X8Y2
The Fingal Digital Strategy consultation will run from Tuesday 4th June to Friday 12th July 2019. Hard copies of the Digital Strategy Issues Paper will be made available at Fingal Libraries. Further details can be found on the Council’s consultation portal at consult.fingal.ie.