Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 10th May 2021May 10, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of no additional deaths related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,921 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 9 May, the HPSC has been notified of 381 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 253,189* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
(Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed case. The figure of 253,189 confirmed cases reflects this.)
Of the cases notified today:
- 192 are men and 188 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 31 years old
- 188 in Dublin, 39 in Donegal, 30 in Kildare, 13 in Limerick, 13 in Cork, 13 in Tipperary, 13 in Westmeath and the remaining 72 cases are spread across 15 other counties
As of 8am today, 124 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 31 are in ICU. There have been 15 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Saturday (8 May) there have been 1,827,610 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 1,327,821 people have received their first dose
- 499,789 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!