Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 12th April 2021April 12, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of no additional deaths related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,785 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 11 April, the HPSC has been notified of 394 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 241,330* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
(*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 9 confirmed cases. The figure of 241,330 confirmed cases reflects this.)
Of the cases notified today:
- 179 are men and 214 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 33 years old
- 175 in Dublin, 34 in Kildare, 21 in Galway, 21 in Mayo, 20 in Limerick and the remaining 123 cases are spread across 18 other counties
As of 8am today, 227 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 50 are in ICU. There have been 22 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Saturday (10 April) there have been 1,058,394 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 745,363 people have received their first dose
- 313,031 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!