Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 13th SeptemberSeptember 13, 2020 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 1 person with COVID-19 has died. There has now been a total of 1,784 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Saturday 12 September, the HPSC has been notified of 255 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 30,985 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 129 are men and 123 are women
- 68% are under 45 years of age
- 34% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 69 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 156 are in Dublin, 22 in Waterford,13 in Donegal, 11 in Wicklow, 9 in Limerick, 8 in Kildare, 5 in Clare and the remaining 31 cases are in Carlow, Cork, Galway, Kerry, Laois, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Offaly, Tipperary, Westmeath and Wexford
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.