Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 14th MarchMarch 14, 2021 ADMIN 0
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today. There has been a total of 4,534 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Saturday 13 March, the HPSC has been notified of 384 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 226,741* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
(*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed case. The figure of 226,741 cases reflects this.)
Of the cases notified today:
- 195 are men and 187 are women
- 73% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 31 years old
- 145 in Dublin, 41 in Kildare, 37 in Offaly, 29 in Galway, 24 in Cork and the remaining 108 cases are spread across 17 other counties
As of 8am today, 349 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 86 are in ICU. There have been 17 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Numbers of people vaccinated
As of last Thursday (11 March), there have been 589,512 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 426,819 people have received their first dose
- 162,693 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community. The dashboard also now includes information on total vaccines administered (1st dose).
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!