Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 15th MarchMarch 15, 2021 ADMIN 0
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today. There has been a total of 4,534 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 14 March, the HPSC has been notified of 575 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There has now been a total of 227,316 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 289 are men and 282 are women
- 73% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 30 years old
- 232 in Dublin, 48 in Meath, 41 in Tipperary, 38 in Kildare, 30 in Galway and the remaining 186 cases are spread across 20 other counties
As of 8am today, 360 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 85 are in ICU. There have been 25 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Numbers of people vaccinated
As of last Friday (12 March), there have been 606,904 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 443,092 people have received their first dose
- 163,812 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community. The dashboard also now includes information on total vaccines administered (1st dose).
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!