Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 18th MarchMarch 18, 2021 ADMIN 0
There have been no deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today. There has been a total of 4,566 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight, Wednesday 17th March, the HPSC has been notified of 582 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 228,796* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 290 are men / 291 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 32 years old
- 262 in Dublin, 41 in Galway, 34 in Meath, 24 in Kildare, 23 in Waterford and the remaining 198 spread across 20 other counties. **
As of 8am today, 345 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 83 are in ICU. 24 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of March 15, 620,580 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 455,182 people have received their first dose
- 165,398 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!