Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 19th April 2021April 19, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of no additional deaths related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,836 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 18 April, the HPSC has been notified of 403 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 243,911 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 208 are men and 192 are women
- 73% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 31 years old
- 174 in Dublin, 34 in Meath, 20 in Kildare, 18 in Mayo, 16 in Cork and the remaining 141 cases are spread across 20 other counties
As of 8am today, 183 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 50 are in ICU. There have been 7 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Saturday (17 April) there have been 1,204,063 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 852,189 people have received their first dose
- 351,874 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!