Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 20th NovemberNovember 20, 2020 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 8 additional deaths related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 2,018 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Thursday 19 November, the HPSC has been notified of 330 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 69,802* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
(*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed case. The figure of 69,802 confirmed cases reflects this.)
Of the cases notified today:
- 171 are men and 155 are women
- 64% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 37 years old
- 99 in Dublin, 28 in Cork, 26 in Louth, 25 in Meath, 21 in Donegal and the remaining 131 cases are spread across 20 other counties
- As of 2pm today, 283 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 33 are in ICU.
- There have been 13 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.