Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 22nd MarchMarch 22, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1 additional death related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,588 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 21 March, the HPSC has been notified of 520 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 231,119 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 258 are men and 262 are women
- 79% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 28 years old
- 242 in Dublin, 36 in Meath, 30 in Offaly, 29 in Kildare, 25 in Wicklow and the remaining 158 cases are spread across 20 other counties
As of 8am today, 359 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 81 are in ICU. There have been 14 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Friday (19 March), there have been 668,529 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 487,466 people have received their first dose
- 181,063 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!