Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 23rd April 2021April 23, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1 additional death related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,867 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Thursday 22 April, the HPSC has been notified of 434 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 245,743* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 228 are men and 204 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 31 years old
- 217 in Dublin, 30 in Kildare, 30 in Cork, 27 in Limerick, 21 in Donegal and the remaining 109 cases are spread across 20 other counties
As of 8am today, 166 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 48 are in ICU. There have been 17 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Wednesday (21 April) there have been 1,275,828 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 904,774 people have received their first dose
- 371,054 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!