Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 26th April 2021April 26, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 1 additional death related to COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,874 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Sunday 25 April, the HPSC has been notified of 437 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has now been a total of 247,069* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
(*Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed case. The figure of 247,069 confirmed cases reflects this.)
Of the cases notified today:
- 220 are men and 216 are women
- 76% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 29 years old
- 169 in Dublin, 62 in Donegal, 40 in Kildare, 29 in Meath, 21 in Galway and the remaining 116 cases are spread across 17 other counties
As of 8am today, 184 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 46 are in ICU. There have been 19 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
Latest update on vaccines
As of last Saturday (24 April) there have been 1,385,753 doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Ireland:
- 987,681 people have received their first dose
- 398,072 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!