Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 4th AugustAugust 4, 2020 ADMIN 0
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today. There has been a total of 1,763 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. As of midnight Monday 3 August, the HPSC has been notified of 45 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 26,253 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 35 are men and 10 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- 31 are associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 4 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 33 cases are located in Kildare, 7 in Dublin, and 5 are spread across four other counties
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.