Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 7th MarchMarch 7, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 3 additional deaths related to COVID-19. 1 death occurred in March and 1 in January*. As of midnight, Saturday 6th March, the HPSC has been notified of 525 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There has been a total of 4,422 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There is now a total of 223,219** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 271 are men / 254 are women
- 74% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 31 years old
- 214 in Dublin, 37 in Meath, 28 in Offaly, 28 in Limerick and 25 in Wicklow and the remaining 193 cases are spread across 19 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 423 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 103 are in ICU. 14 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of March 4th, 493,873 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 346,256 people have received their first dose
- 147,617 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community. The dashboard also now includes information on total vaccines administered (1st dose).
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!