Statement from the National Public Health Emergency Team – 8th April 2021April 8, 2021 ADMIN 0
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 7 additional deaths related to COVID-19. As of midnight, Wednesday 7th April, the HPSC has been notified of 400 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of the deaths reported today 2 occurred in April, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February. The median age of those who died was 78 years and the age range was 62 – 89 years. There has been a total of 4,737* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There is now a total of 239,723** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 205 are men / 193 are women
- 72% are under 45 years of age
- the median age is 35 years old
- 162 in Dublin, 61 in Kildare, 26 in Cork, 21 in Galway, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 113 cases are spread across 18 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 226 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 55 are in ICU. 11 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 5th 2021, 940,883 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 667,182 people have received their first dose
- 273,701 people have received their second dose
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community including daily data on Ireland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Programme.
If YOU or SOMEONE YOU KNOW are struggling and need help check out the local help/support available on our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Like us on Facebook so you never miss an update!