Traffic Management Plan in place for Flavours of FingalJune 18, 2018 ADMIN 0
A robust traffic management plan has been put in place for Flavours of Fingal, the hugely popular North County Dublin County Show, which will take place this weekend (June 23 and 24) in Newbridge House and Farm, Donabate. Directional signage will be in place on all approach routes to the show site and motorists are advised to make themselves familiar with the event traffic plan and the traffic restrictions which will apply on each day. These can be viewed on the show website www.flavoursoffingal.ie.
There are free shuttle bus services to and from the event. Buses will display a ‘Flavours of Fingal’ sign on the windscreen and will stop at all Dublin Bus stops along the route as per timetables below. Locations: Swords, Balbriggan, Skerries/Lusk/Rush, Donabate/Portrane
In order to minimise traffic congestion there will be free access to the event for those who walk, travel by Shuttle Bus, public transport or cycle. Free Shuttle Buses (scheduled to run on average every 15 minutes) will serve Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Lusk, Swords, Donabate and Portrane. Irish Rail has confirmed additional services for the show. These can be viewed at www.irishrail.ie/flavours-of-fingal-by-rail.
Park ‘n’ Ride (€10) is available at Swords Roundabout and Turvey Roundabout. Car parking on site is available at an online rate of €15 (drive-ups €20 on the day) and can be purchased online at www.flavoursoffingal.ie. A designated on-site carpark for residents of Donabate/Portrane has been identified adjacent to The Maxol service station on Hearse Road and the same parking fees apply (€15 online and drive-ups €20 on the day).
Motorists travelling south on the M1 should exit at Junction 5 and follow event signs from there to the venue.
Motorists travelling north on the M1 should exit at Junction 2 or 3 and follow event signs from there to the venue.
Residents of Donabate and Portrane are reminded that there will be restricted movements on roads in and around the venue on Saturday, June 23 and Sunday, June 24 between 10am and 7pm to facilitate traffic flow during the event.
- Local access to and from Donabate/Portrane will be maintained via Hearse Road.
- Turvey Avenue will not be a through road for residents between 10am and 7pm on both days.
- At the Lissenhall interchange restrictions will be in place for access to and from Donabate/Portrane as follows:-
MI northbound –
- Take Junction 2 (Airport R132) to Airport Roundabout and join R132 northbound continue to Turvey Roundabout onto Hearse Road
- Take Junction 3 (Drynam Interchange) northbound (Pinnock Hill roundabout) and join R132 northbound – continue to Turvey Roundabout onto Hearse Road
- Restrictions will be in place at junction 4 Lissenhall interchange. Take Junction 4 southbound onto R132 to Estuary Roundabout then head northbound on R132 – continue to Turvey Roundabout onto Hearse Road.
- R132 Northbound from Swords – continue to Turvey Roundabout onto Hearse Road.
- Egress from Donabate/Portrane to R132/M1 northbound – at Lissenhall Junction take R132 to Estuary Roundabout then head northbound on R132
- Egress from Donabate/Portrane to R132 southbound is as normal
- Egress from Donabate/Portrane to M1 southbound is as normal